Are you ready? I wouldn’t say it would be easy….but I know it’s going to be full of new adventures, wonderful surprises, amazing moments, happy thoughts and kind people.
NEW YEAR. NEW BEGINNINGS. NEW MINDSET. NEW FOCUS. NEW START.
NEW INTENTIONS. NEW RESULTS.
At the start of this year, God has impressed upon me 2 things – WALK and PRAY.
Walk?!? To literally & figuratively walk. I know I’ve neglected my “early morning walks” for most of the days last month (last year) when everything was in a bit of frenzy. Visiting relatives, checking out groceries and a few gifts, going to bazaars here and there, completing doctors’ check-ups before Christmas….then, not to forget doing some last-minute writing gigs at the same time….ALL in the thick of the Holiday season. Hoooww? No complaints, though – it was one of my easiest, slow-paced and stress-free seasons in recent years.
Walk the talk. PRAY more! Walking with God everyday – I need to strengthen my resolve to turn to Him in prayer at any moment, sharing my thoughts, expressing my love and listening to Him as I read the Scriptures or hear others preach and teach. I have to walk with Him every day. ALL. THE. TIME. Amidst our so-called busy schedules or lives, He is not too busy to listen, so why are we so busy to talk to Him? 😒
As I go about my 2 words to FOCUS on this year – WALK and PRAY, I also came up with my 9 D’s. My 9D’s are what will guide me through the days ahead – as I want to be continually present, have physical connections and celebrate moments, EVERY SINGLE DAY.
“Write it on your heart
that every day is the best day in the year.”
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
My 9 Ds for 2019:
1. Decluttter – yields some “great finds” too! While looking for something which I thought got misplaced, er, lost – I saw that my cabinet needs some order. Haha! What did I find out? About a handful thingies, some gifts left untouched and a bevy of body lotions, creams, lippies, pouches, etc. Decluttering my website or blog is also a good idea. Hmmm, need to find out how (…maybe limit to max of 1K words per new blog post, starting with this one….~wink~).
2. Delete – some unwanted files, photos and videos, both from my cellphone and laptop ( a clean cellphone and laptop makes for better, faster and useful gadgets – don’t you think?). Hopefully in the next few days….
3. Desist – from an ACTION without a second thought ( as dear hubby would often say to me, “Think before you act!” with matching hand gesture pointing to his head, lol…). Enough said. 😜
4. Dissuade – ME from thinking of “what ifs” and “what have nots,” BUT instead think of “what musts.” Have to consistently see more on the bright, positive side. Just be realistic, too, at times. “The glass is ALWAYS half-full rather than half-empty” should be my mantra for 2019. Emphasis is on “always!”
5. Discover – MORE passions, MORE skills or learnings that would make me really happy, inspired and would keep me engaged and productive (and why not – earning maybe, but it would just be a “bonus” if ever…). Top of mind are: crafts – accessories of any kind, online learning courses for writing and some other interesting subjects plus small ventures which can still be tested before plunging in. For the adventure part: checking out some of “off-the-beaten track” breathtaking places that are near or far…. those that are worth visiting and sharing …..when the right time comes. Must be well-planned, too. But experience would also show us that random and spontaneous decisions are also best, at times.
6. Devote – MORE time to prayer, walking, ME time and the people who matter. In time, dedicate a part of myself to serving others as well, in whatever way I can – nothing big-time or fancy for now. I can start off with just being compassionate, patient, thoughtful, empathetic and sensitive with others – with those whom I usually interact with, even strangers.
7.Devour – MORE veggies, MORE fruits and LESS of sweets & foods rich in carbohydrates ( Late last year, I’ve had concerns with my blood sugar levels – I want to really make it up this year – my endocrinologist surely would be delighted…yay!!!! ). 🤩
8. Detoxify – Get it? ( My hubby adds: DEDUCT – deduct weight, haha… 😜). We need this, perhaps, once in a month. Or maybe once every quarter. I have to plan and see what works for me.
9. Distract – For me NOT to be distracted while I write and write – hmmmm, you know what IT IS. Ha! I will try my very best to be disciplined enough to know that I have deadlines to meet and even if I have so MUCH time to spare – I need to finish first the tasks and later, do my posts online. I dilly-dally sometimes. Linger. SADLY. But I know MY priorities and yes, I meet commitments to my clients ALWAYS. I am hopeful and should be better this year.😇
Now, what are your GOALS and FOCUS this year?
Let’s surrender 2019 to God and place everything in His hands. I pray that God will show ME how to take who I am, who I want to be, and what I can do, and use it for a purpose greater than MYSELF.
May you ALL have an abundant, joyful, healthy and inspiring New Year! May you have more days to celebrate, lessons to learn & enjoy and boundaries to push in 2019! ❤️
Have a HAPPY LIFE!
ISAIAH 43:18-19 "Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert."